Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Infact most of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 5 Aug 2020
1)India contributes over $15 mn to India-U.N. Development Partnership Fund
- India has contributed $15.46 million to the India-U.N. Development Partnership Fund, underscoring the country’s commitment to supporting developing nations in their developmental priorities across all the Sustainable Development Goals.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the U.N. Ambassador T.S. Tirumurti handed over a cheque of $15.46 million to the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) Director Jorge Chediek at a low-key ceremony held within social distancing guidelines at the Permanent Mission of India to the U.N. on August 4.
2)India extends Line of Credit worth 18 million US dollars to Maldives for expansion of fishing facilities at MIFCO
- The Indian High Commission in Maldives, on Tuesday, announced the expansion of Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company (MIFCO) facilities, a project funded by the USD 800 million credit line extended by India to Maldives.
- According to the official statement, an estimated MVR 18 million will be utilized to develop 50 tonne ice plant in Gemanafushi, Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll, in addition to a 100 tonne ice storage facility.
- Similarly, MIFCO’s Felivaru Fisheries Complex based in Felivaru, Lhaviyani Atoll, is also scheduled for expansion through the development of fish collection and storage facilities, and a processing plant for cooked tuna loins and fishmeals.
3)Union Agriculture Minister launches Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar today launched the Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel, a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Tomar said that his Ministry is in the forefront of operationalizing different aspects of Atma Nirbhar Bharat call given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He said, Cooperatives have a major role in the country in realizing the Prime Minister’s dreams.
4)NIDM in collaboration with IMD organises webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction”
- National Institute of Disaster Management in collaboration with India Meteorological Department organised a webinar series on “Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk Reduction”. The webinar series include four webinars focusing on Thunderstorms and Lightning, Cloudburst and Floods, Cyclones and Storm Surges and Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events. The webinar series exhorted on enhancing human capacity in terms of better understanding of Hydro-Meteorological Hazards Risk and effective collaborative actions.
5)Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju chairs 1st General Council meeting of Khelo India Scheme
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju today chaired the 1st General Council meeting of the Khelo India Scheme.
- Speaking at the meeting, Mr Rijiju urged the states to organise State-level Khelo India Games annually with an effort to identify a larger number of grassroot-level talents.
6)First ‘Cargo Express’ of SCR flagged off
- South Central Railway’s first Cargo Express – a time-tabled freight train between Sanatnagar to Adarshnagar in New Delhi once a week every Wednesday was flagged off by General Manager Gajanan Mallya on Wednesday. It is for customers of different freights loads with charges almost 40% lesser than charges applicable by road and also the existing railway parcel tariff
7)DNHDD launches E-Gyan Mitra mobile app for online education
- Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu bordering Gujarat has launched E-Gyan Mitra mobile app for online education.
- AIR, Ahmedabad correspondent reports that the E-Gyan Mitra app launched by the Education Department of Daman Administration is becoming popular among the students and parents.
8)Vernacular.ai partners with Axis Bank to launch AXAA – An AI-powered multilingual voice bot to resolve customer queries
- Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector Bank today has announced the launch of Automated Voice Assistant ‘AXAA’, an Artificial Intelligence powered conversational voice BOT. The launch of AXAA is in line with the Bank’s “Dil se Open” philosophy, to build a sharper customer focus and embark on a journey of constant innovation and enhancement. AXAA operates like a humanoid and has power to change the paradigm of customer experience from conventional Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to a new era of call steering and precise response with very high degree of accuracy and consistency. It will assist customers to traverse through the IVR and address their queries and requests, without the need for any human intervention in most cases.
9)Irfaan Ali sworn in as President ,Mark Phillips as PM, Jagdeo as Vice President of Guyana
- Mohamed Irfaan Ali, 40, was today declared the 9th Executive President of Guyana by GECOM Chairperson, Claudette Singh.
- He was later sworn in as President at the Arthur Chung Conference Centre after a series of fast-moving events. Former GDF Chief of Staff Mark Phillips was sworn in as Prime Minister and former President Bharrat Jagdeo was sworn in as Vice President. Anil Nandlall was sworn in as Attorney General and Gail Teixeira as Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.