Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Infact most of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 31 July 2020
1)UNICEF Publishes First of its kind report on Health crisis states 1 in 3 children poisoned by lead
- On 30th July 2020, United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) and Pure Earth, international non-profit organization authored and published the first of kind report on the health crisis titled “The Toxic Truth: Children’s Exposure to Lead Pollution Undermines a Generation of Future Potential” states that around lead poisoning affects large number of children all across the globe.
2)SABIC in Spain to Become World’s First Large Scale Chemical Production Plant to Completely Run on Renewable Energy
- SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation) is a Saudi multinational chemical manufacturing company which is a subsidiary of Saudi Aramco.
- The Polycarbonate facility of SABIC in Spain, is set to become the World’s first large scale industry to completely run on renewable power on signing a major agreement with Iberdrola, an electricity utility company to secure power from solar power projects.
- The Facility is expected to become fully operational by 2024 and support SABIC to achieve its clean energy target by 2025.
- This new plant will contribute 80,000 tonne annual reduction in the indirect emission of carbon dioxide supporting the climate change initiatives like EU 2030
3)Iran Launched the Underground Ballistic Missiles During ‘Great Prophet 14’ Military Exercise
- Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), a paramilitary force, launched the underground ballistic missiles from the depths of the Earth in a completely camouflaged way during the last day of ‘Great Prophet 14’(code name- “Payambar e Azam 14”) military exercise near Gulf waters.
About Great Prophet 14
- It is the largest of its kind in the region. It was started off in the general area of Hormozgan province, west of the Strait of Hormuz and the Persian Gulf to the depths of the country.
4)DIAT Developed ‘Aashray’, the Medical Bed Isolation System to Combat COVID-19
- The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology(DIAT) has developed ‘Aashray’, the Medical Bed Isolation System to fight against COVID-19 pandemic by controlling the spread of infection released by the patient. It is a low cost, reusable solution.
- The model of Aashray was manufactured by M/s Cleancore Solutions Pvt Ltd. Bhosari, Pune.
5)Cabinet approves MoU between India and Zimbabwe on Traditional System of Medicine and Homeopathy
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Zimbabwe on Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy., which was signed on November 3rd, 2018.
- The objective of the MoU is to promote traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy between two nations on the basis of equality and mutual benefit.
6)MobiKwik launches personal UPI payment link mpay.me
- Digital wallet company, MobiKwik has launched “mpay.me” UPI link service that allows users to send and receive money from any UPI payment app. This single link created using mpay.me can be shared anywhere to send and receive money and will work seamlessly on mobile as well as desktop.
- Through mpay.me, users will now be able to generate their own mini personal payment gateways using their phone numbers. Users can share it with anyone over chat, SMS, email, etc to collect payments. All MobiKwik UPI users that have their personal payment link already can use this service. Payments can be made using this link through any UPI app: MobiKwik, GooglePay, PhonePe, Paytm etc.
7)Hardik Satishchandra Shah becomes new Private Secretary to PM Modi
- 2010-batch IAS officer, Hardik Satishchandra Shah has been appointed the Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on co-terminus basis. He is is currently serving as a Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). Before moving to the PMO last year, he worked as the PS to Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar.
8)Aditya’, India’s First Solar Powered Ferry Bags the 1st ‘Gussies’ electric boat awards – Gustave Trouvé Award
- The Plugboats.com announced the winners of the 1st ‘Gussies’ electric boat awards officially known as ‘Gustave Trouvé Award for Excellence in Boats and Boating’.
- “Aditya”, India’s first & largest Solar Powered ferry, won the Gustave Trouvé Award under the Excellence in Electric Boats Designed for Paying Passengers category.
- Aditya built by Navalt Solar and Electric Boats is operating under the Kerala State Water Transport Department (KSWTD).
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
9)Dr. Harsh Vardhan released ebook titled “Standard Treatment Guidelines for the Management of Substance Use Disorders and Behavioural Addictions”
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare (MoH& FW), Dr. Harsh Vardhan, released an ebook, titled ‘Standard Treatment Guidelines (STG) for the Management of Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and Behavioural Addictions’ virtually.
- The book was released in the presence of State Minister of (MoH & FW), Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
- Aim: The book centers the tackling of substance abuses and behavioural addiction of the country.