Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Infact most of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 3 Aug 2020
1)Two NASA astronauts return to earth successfully ending two-month mission
- Two NASA astronauts have returned to Earth, successfully ending their historic two-month mission to stay on the space station. Astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken have returned in a dramatic, retro-style splashdown, their capsule parachuting into the Gulf of Mexico to close out an unprecedented test flight by Elon Musk’s SpaceX company.
- It was the first splashdown by US astronauts in 45 years, with the first commercially built and operated spacecraft to carry people to and from orbit. The return clears the way for another SpaceX crew launch as early as next month and possible tourist flights next year.
2)Central Government to fund 112 startups to promote Agri Firms
- The Central Government will spend nearly twelve crore rupees for funding 112 startups to promote agri firms in the current financial year.
- Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar said the funds will be given to the start-ups selected by different knowledge partners and agribusiness incubators in the area of agro-processing, food technology and value addition.
- He said, the funds will be provided under the Innovation and Agri-entrepreneurship Development Programme launched under the revamped Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana. These start-ups were trained for two months at 29 agri-business incubation centres spread across the country.
3)Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission approved by Govt. to generate employment and make India self-reliant in agarbatti production
- MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari has approved a unique employment generation program proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission, KVIC to make India Atma Nirbhar in Agarbatti production. The program named as Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission aims at creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country.
- The pilot project will be launched soon and upon full-fledged implementation of the project, thousands of jobs will be created in the Agarbatti industry.
4)Madhya Pradesh to begin ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’ public awareness campaign
- Protection is the keyword to prevent corona infection and for that it is very important to wear a mask at all times. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also appealed to the people to wear masks and follow physical distance. Following the Prime Minister’s appeal, a public awareness campaign called ‘Ek Mask-Anek Zindagi’ means one mask-many lives will be conducted from today till August 15 in many districts of Madhya Pradesh.
5)Raksha Bandhan and World Sanskrit Day celebrated across the country on 3 Aug 2020
- Raksha Bandhan, the festival of special bond between brothers and sisters was celebrated across the country on Monday . On this occasion, sisters tie colorful rakhi around the wrist of their brothers and pray for their prosperity, health and well-being. In return, brothers pledge to protect and support their sisters and present them gifts.
- Rakhis made by Indian companies and Self Help Groups have completely replaced Chineses products this year. Shopkeepers and people have totally rejected Chinese Rakhis this year following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for Atmanirbhar Bharat and Vocal for Local.
6)British Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton wins
- Lewis Hamilton won the British Grand Prix despite a puncture on last lap
- The win takes him another step closer towards his seventh championship
- Hamilton said was satisfied with the more organised anti-racism protest
7) 11 Women entrepreneurs awarded by Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment cohort
- The Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment, WEE cohort initiative helps women ranging from college going students to middle-aged housewives to take up entrepreneurship as a viable, fulfilling career option. It is India’s first of its kind initiative to strengthen women’s ecosystem at IIT Delhi, supported and sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology.
- The cash awards in the form of a grant totalling Rs 25 lakh have been presented to 11 Women entrepreneurs.
- Kalpana Arora, who has done a Doctorate in wastewater management from IIT Delhi, has been awarded for her products like sanitizers from wastewater. She is a social entrepreneur and works for tribal women and farmers in the hilly region of Uttarakhand through Self Help Groups. Talking to AIR News, she said her journey with WEE helped her meet a community of like minded individuals.
8)Air Marshal V R Chaudhari takes over as chief of IAF’s Western Air Command
- Air Marshal V. R. Chaudhari took over as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Air Command of Indian Air Force today.
- The Air Marshal took over command from Air Marshal B Suresh.
- Air Marshal V. R. Chaudhari was commissioned into fighter stream of the IAF in 1982 as a Fighter Pilot.
- During his career, he has flown wide variety of fighter and trainer aircraft. He has a flying experience of MiG-21, MiG-23 MF, MiG 29 and Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft.
9)Jaideep Bhatnagar takes over as Director General of AIR News
- Mr. Jaideep Bhatnagar, an Indian Information Service Officer of 1986 batch, has taken over the charge as Director General, News Services Division of All India Radio.
- Mr. Bhatnagar had earlier served in various positions in Prasar Bharati including as its West Asia Correspondent and in the Press Information Bureau. He replaces Ms. Ira Joshi, who superannuated as Principal Director General, AIR News on 31st of last month.
10)Northern Irish Nobel Peace Prize Winner John Hume Dies
- John Hume, the Northern Irish politician who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1998 for his role in the British province’s peace process, has died aged 83
- The ex-SDLP leader helped to end three decades of bloody strife in Northern Ireland between the largely Catholic nationalist community who want to unify with Ireland and Protestant unionists who want to remain part of Britain.