Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Infact most of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 28 July 2020
1)China launched new high-resolution mapping satellite Ziyuan-III 03 from Shanxi
- On July 25, 2020, China sent a new high-resolution mapping satellite namely “Ziyuan III 03”, developed by the China Academy of Space Technology, into space through Long March-4B carrier rocket from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in the Northern Province of Shanxi, China.
- It was the 341st flight mission by the Long March rocket series.
- Along with high-resolution mapping satellite, there were two small satellites used for dark matter detection and commercial data acquisition were also sent which were developed by the Shanghai ASES Spaceflight Technology Co. Ltd.
2)Bureau of Indian Standard’s Mobile App ‘BIS-Care’ launched
- BIS-Care’, a mobile app of the Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) has been launched by the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan. The minister also launched three portals i.e. the Standardization, Conformity Assessment and Training Portals of e-BIS for consumers. The BIS Care app will help the consumers in checking the authenticity of the ISI-marked and hallmarked products as well as lodging complaints.
3)Delhi government launches portal “Rozgar Bazar”
- Delhi government has launched the portal named as “Rozgar Bazar”, a sort of marketplace for job seekers and the people recruiters. The portal will proved to be a boon for the employers as well as the job seekers. The recruiters can visit the website and update their requirements, similarly job seekers are also required to visit the portal and update their qualification, experience and requirement.
- The “Rozgar Bazar” portal is an effort of the Delhi Government to revive the lockdown-hit economy of Delhi. There are many people who want jobs and there are traders, businessmen, professionals, contractors who are not getting the right person for their work. This portal will fill the gap by bringing them together on one platform.
4)Dr Harsh Vardhan launched “Mausam” app for weather forecasts
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched the mobile app “Mausam” for weather forecasts. This app is launched on the occasion of the 14th foundation day of Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES). This app is designed and developed by the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune and the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
About “Mausam App”:
- The mobile-based application will provide weather forecasts, nowcast and warning for various cities and locations.
- The app will provide information on current weather with temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction for around 200 cities.
- The information on the app will be updated 8 times a day.
- It will also provide the weather forecast for the next 7 days and the information of the past 24 hours for around 450 cities in India.
- The application provides colour coded alerts – red, yellow and orange – for all the district, two times a day for 5 days to warn the people prior to extreme weather.
5)World Hepatitis Day celebrated on 28th July
- World Health Organization is observed on 28th July every year as “World Hepatitis Day”. This day is celebrated to enhance awareness of viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that causes a range of health problems, including liver cancer.
- This year’s theme is “Hepatitis-free future,” with a strong focus on preventing hepatitis B among mothers and newborns.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
6)A new book titled “Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India”authored by former RBI deputy governor Viral V.Acharya
- The book titled “Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India”authored by former Reserve Bank of India(RBI) deputy governor Viral V.Acharya. The book portrays his quest to restore financial stability in India and offers a concrete plan for sustained improvement. The book is published by SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd.
7)A new book “The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World” authored by External Affairs Minister Dr.S Jaishankar was published by HarperCollins, India
- The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World, a book authored by External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar, argues about the standards of India in the global order. The book was published under the HarperCollins India publications. The book centers about the three burdens that India’s foreign policy carries.
- He insisted that India should not only visualise its interest but also try to communicate effectively.
- The e-version of the book is available on Amazon
8)Hichem Mechichi becomes new Prime Minister of Tunisia
- Tunisia’s interior minister, Hichem Mechichi has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of the country. He succeeded Elyes Fakhfakh, who resigned over allegations of a conflict of interest. He has a month to form a government.
- As well as being the interior minister in the outgoing government, Mechichi has been a counsellor to President Saied, handling legal matters. He has previously been chief of staff at the Ministry of Transport and also served in the Ministry of Social Affairs.
9)TISS student Archana Soreng named by UN chief to new climate change advisory group
- A climate activist from India has been named by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to his new advisory group comprising young leaders who will provide perspectives and solutions to tackle the worsening climate crisis, as the global body mobilizes action as part of the COVID-19 recovery efforts.
- Archana Soreng joins six other young climate leaders from around the world who have been named by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to his new Youth Advisory Group on Climate Change.
10)American Actor John Saxon passed away
- The American actor, John Saxon passed away. He was born on 5th August 1936 as Carmine Orrico in Brooklyn, New York, United States of America. He was debuted in 1954 and starred in detective and horror shows like “A Nightmare on Elm Street”.
- Saxon starred in around 200 movies and TV shows. He was best known for his role in “Enter the Dragon” (1973) starring Bruce Lee. He won the Golden Globe Award for the new star of the year in 1958 for the movie “This Happy Feeling”.