Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Infact most of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 2 Aug 2020
1)Prakash Javadekar represents India in 6th BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meeting chaired by Russia
- Environment Ministers of the five BRICS countries, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa participated in the 6th BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meeting on Thursday through a video conference under the presidency of Russia.
- Representing India, Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said, India attaches great importance to the BRICS. Saying that the aspirations of the grouping are similar, the Minister called for sharing of best practices among the BRICS nations towards attainment of Sustainable Development Goals.
2)Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launches ARHCs Knowledge Pack and Launches mobile app of CREDAI
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Hardeep Singh Puri released the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes Pack through Video Conferencing on July 31, 2020.
- On July 08, 2020 Union Cabinet approved ARHC as a sub scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) as part of Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The scheme is estimated to benefit 3.5 Lakh people.
3)Craft Silicon & PayU Partnered to Advance Digital Loan Repayment
- Craft Silicon, a global financial software solution provider has entered into a strategic partnership with PayU, India’s online payment solutions provider to innovate and accelerate the digital loan repayment solutions for small finance banks, micro-lending institutions and Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- The partnership will enable NBFCs, Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs), and small finance institutions to offer their customers easy loan repayment solutions on their own mobile applications or through consumer apps of their choice.
4)Northern Railway runs first-ever Vyapar Mala Express train from Delhi to Tripura
- The train departed from Delhi Kishanganj for Jirania and it will cover a distance of two thousand 673 Kilometres from Punjab to Tripura. The movement of the train will be constantly monitored with no delays enroute to ensure its timely arrival at Jirania. Mr Chaudhry said, this initiative is first of its kind in Northern Railways.
- It will help small traders in moving their cargo through Railways, in a short time, cost effective, convenient and environment-friendly mode of transportation. He said, Railways has been focusing on closer ties with the industry and trade to further strengthen its freight sector.
5)Hyderabad International Airport receives UNICEF funded mass fever screening system from Govt of India
- With an objective of enhancing the efficacy of the screening process, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, in coordination with Asian Development Bank, has provided Hyderabad International Airport with a state-of-the-art Thermal Scanner, a Mass Fever Screening System, funded by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund). The new thermal scanner will be used by the Airport Health officials of MoH&FW (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare).
6)Indian Express journalist Dipankar Ghose wins Prem Bhatia Award for political reporting
- Indian Express reporter Dipankar Ghose and People’s Archive of Rural India (PARI) have won this year’s Prem Bhatia award for outstanding journalism. Ghose won for reporting on political issues. PARI, a non-profit journalism website, won for reporting on environmental & development issues.
7)Former speaker of Goa Assembly Anant Shet dies
- Former speaker of Goa Assembly and BJP leader Anant Shet died on Sunday morning at a hospital near here, a party leader said. He was 59.
- Shet breathed his last at the state-run Goa Medical College and Hospital near Panaji where he was admitted after prolonged illness. He is survived by his wife and son.
- He was speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly from January 12, 2016 to March 14, 2017.
8)Uttar Pradesh Minister Kamla Rani Varun dies of COVID-19
- Ms. Varun, who held the Technical Education portfolio in the Yogi Adityanath Cabinet, died during treatment at the SGPGI in Lucknow.
- Ms. Varun was an MLA from Ghatampur in Kanpur and had been promoted to the State Cabinet in August 2019 when the Adityanath government went in for an expansion following the Lok Sabha victory. She was a former councillor and pracharak of the Seva Bharti, an affiliate of the RSS.