Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 13 Aug 2020
Israel successfully tested advanced multi-layered missile defense system Arrow-2
- This system was developed by Israel Aerospace Indus tries and US aviation giant Boeing and became operational in January 2017. Arrow-2 interceptor is one of the part of the multi-layered system. Israel developed this missile to defend against both short- and mid-range rockets fired from Gaza and Lebanon, as well as Iran’s long-range missiles includung Iron Dome, David’s Sling and the Arrow-3 system capable of defending against threats from outside the atmosphere. Israel and the USA jointly tested Arrow-3 successfully last year in Alaska.
Japan signs loan package worth 3.1 billion dollars for Bangladesh
- Japan has signed its largest ever loan package on 12 Aug worth USD 3.1 billion for Bangladesh.
- Embassy of Japan said that the loan under its (ODA)Official Development Assistance will be given for seven projects of Bangladesh under concessional terms.
India extends assistance of USD 1 million to Antigua, Barbuda
- India has extended an assistance of USD one million to Antigua and Barbuda to combat the corona virus (COVID-19) outbreak. This assistance is aimed at improving health and infrastructure , capacities in Antigua and Barbuda.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launcheed ‘Transparent Taxation
- PM Modi launched Transparent Taxation – Honoring the Honest’ platform.
- The platform will strengthen the efforts of reforming and simplifying India’s tax system.
- The Prime Minister also unveiled the next phase of direct tax reforms aimed at easing compliance and rewarding honest taxpayers to gear up Indian economy.
For major connectivity project in Maldives , India announces 500 million dollars assistance
- EAM S Jaishankar announced that the Indian government will fund the implementation of major connectivity project in the Maldives with USD 400 million line of credit and USD 100 million grant.
Soma Mondal Selected As The Next Chairman Of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Soma Mondal has been selected by the (PESB) as the next chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited.
- Soma Mondal is alumni of NIT(National Institute of Technology,)Rourkela (then REC Rourkela) and an Electrical Engineer. She belonged to the first batch of GET of SAIL in 1984. Later she joined the Commercial Department of Steel Authority of India Limited. Mandal then moved on to become the Regional Manager of National Aluminium Company (NALCO) (Western Region) at Mumbai.
positive pay’ feature to enhance safety of cheque frauds announced by Reseve Bank Of India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has decided to introduce a mechanism of ‘Positive Pay’ for all cheques of value Rs 50,000 and above to enhance its safety .
- Under this ‘positive pay’ system, a customer who issues the cheque clicks a picture of the cheque before handing it over to the beneficiary and uploads the same on the bank’s mobile application.
Google Launches ‘People Cards
- Search engine giant launched a Search feature called People cards. People cards are virtual visiting cards of sorts that can be created on Google Search. People cards are designed to help people who want to discover online and for those who want to share their work. Users can now create a virtual visiting card on Search, highlight their existing website or social profiles. The feature has been launched in India on 12 aug . The feature is only available on mobile and can be accessed only in English language.
Facebook Launched United States Voting Information Center
- Facebook on 13 Aug 2020 launched a voting information center as part of its campaign to help millions of voters register for November’s United States presidential election and counter misinformation.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Dalai Lama will realise a climate change book- Our only Home:A climate appeal to world
- Dalai Lama(The Tibetan spiritual leader), will release a new book titled “Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World” on climate change with German environmental journalist, Franz Alt in November.