Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 12 Aug 2020
Kamala Harris an Indian-origin senator named as United States Vice Presidential candidate for Democratic party
- In the U S, Democratic Presidential nominee Joe Biden has named senator Kamala Harris who is an Indian origin sinator as his Vice-Presidential candidate. She is the first black woman to compete on a major party’s presidential ticket.
Agriculture Minister N S Tomar launched ICAR’s data recovery centre ‘Krishi Megh’
- Narendra Singh Tomar has launched ICAR’s(indian council of agricultural research) data recovery centre – Krishi Megh.
- The move is aimed at protecting the precious data of the government’s research body Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR). It has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) in Hyderabad.
Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched flagship scheme to promote women entrepreneurs
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched flagship scheme called YSR Cheyutha to promote women entrepreneurs
About the scheme:-
Nearly 23 lakh women belonging to different communities like SC, ST, OBC and minority communities in the age group of 45-60 years will get an incentive of Rs 18,750 per annum aggregating to Rs 75,000 in four years from the government under this scheme. This also includes about 8 lakh single and widows women in the age group 45-60 would also get benifits
Akshay Kumar features in top 10 of Forbes highest-paid actors list with $48.5 million
- Superstar Akshya Kumar is the only Bollywood actor at 6th spot and in top 10 of Forbes’ list of highest paid actors for the year 2020 with the 48.5 million dollars. Actor Dwyane Johnson tops the list
India’s first Android PoS device for contactless payments is launched by paytm
- Noida-headquartered Paytm launched India’s first pocket android POS device for contactless payments this device also be used for accepting payments and processing orders
- The noida based company Targets to issue 2 lakh devices to digitise and empower SMEs ( small and medium enterprises)
P K Muthusami a Noted Tamil film lyricist passes away
- Tamil film lyricist P K Muthusami passed away at his residence at the age about 99 in R Pudupatti village in Namakkal,
- PK Muthusami, had penned memorable Tamil film lyrics like ‘Mannukku Maram Baaramaa ?’ – which means ‘are the trees a burden on the earth?’ which is still relevant. Other famous songs composed by Muthusami include ‘Chinna chinna nadai and Mapilai vandar etc.
India’s first private company Skyroot to test upper-stage rocket engine named RAMAN
- Aerospace startup company Skyroot Aerospace india’s first private has successfully test fired an upper-stage rocket engine, to demonstrate the capability to build from a own country rocket engine.
- The 3-D printed rocket engine – Raman, named after Nobel laureate CV Raman
International youth day celebrated today
- Today i.e 12 August is International Youth Day. The day gives an opportunity young mass to celebrate and mainstream , voices, actions and initiatives, as well as their meaningful, universal and equitable engagement. The (UNGA) United Nations General Assembly in 1999 endorsed the recommendation made by the World Conference of Ministers Responsible for Youth that 12th August be declared International Youth Day.
- The theme of this year is Youth Engagement for Global Action.