Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examination.Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Top Current Affairs of 11 Aug 2020
Russia register the world’s first covid 19 vaccine
- Russia’s president Vladimir Putin on date 11 Aug 2020 register a world’s first vaccine .
- The vaccine will be named under the name ‘Sputnik V’
Power Grid Corporation of India shows profit of Rs. 2,048 crore for Quarter 1 of Finacial Year 2021
- State-owned Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd on 10 Aug 2020 posted an over 18 per cent fall in its consolidated net profit to Rs 2,048.42 crore for the June 2020 quarter.
- Power grid corporation ‘s consolidated net profit had stood at Rs 2,502.80 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous financial year 2019-20.
Nine ‘Tribal Freedom Fighters’ Museums developed by Tribal Affairs Ministry
- Tribal Affairs Ministry of India is developing “Tribal Freedom Fighters’ Museums dedicated to the contributions of the tribal people in India to the freedom struggle.
- All Nine museums by the end of 2022 will come into existence.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi had announced setting up of Nine tribal freedom fighters’ museums during his Independence Day Speech on 15th August 2016.
Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Sekhawat launches Swachh Bharat Mission Academy
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched SBM Academy in New Delhi, as part of the ongoing week-long behaviour change campaign Gandagi Mukt Bharat.
- This is a IVR based free mobile online learning course on ODF Plus will be crucial in achieving goals underlined in Phase – two of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin).
Prakash Javadekar launched portal on Human Elephant Conflict
- The Minister for Environment and Forest Prakash Javadekar launched a portal on Human Elephant Conflict on the eve of World Elephant Day, 2020.
- The World Elephant Day is observed every year on 12th of August
Ex-Defense Minister Walter Martos as New Prime Minister of Peru
- Peru’s president Martin Vizcarra appointed retired general and former defence minister Walter Martos as the country’s new prime minister as part of cabinet reshuffle over.
Manitombi Singh :Former India international footballer passes away
- Manitombi Singh played as a side-back and represented India in two significant tournaments in 2002. He was part of the team that won the LG Cup in Vietnam.
- He played for Mohun Bagan and was part of the Hindustan FC team which won the Delhi Soccer Association league title in 2010.