Directions (1-5): Study the following information and answer the given questions.
Seven persons A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1 & G1 participated in a drinking competition. They are seated across a straight row facing the north. They drink 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 bottles of water not necessarily in the same
order. The one who drinks the maximum volume of water is the winner.
● The one who drank 1 bottle of water is seated 3rd to the right of F1.
● C1 & A1 together drank 7 bottles of water.
● E1 & D1 together drank equal to the water drink by F1 alone who is not seated at either of the ends.
● F1 drank twice of C1.
● B1 is 3rd to the right of the one who drank 5 bottles of water.
● A1’s neighbour drank twice of E1.
● G1 drank 1 bottle more than B1.
● G1 is seated 2nd to the left of the one who drank 3 bottles of water.
- Who among the following stood 2nd in the competition?
a) A1 b) B1 c) C1 d) D1 e) G1
- Who among the following are seated at the extreme ends?
a) A1, E1 b) E1, D1 c) C1, D1 d) A1, D1 e) E1,C1
- How many bottles of water did the person seated exactly in the middle of the row drink?
a) One b) Two c) Three d) Four e) Six
- What is the position of F1 with respect to the one who drank 5 bottles of water?
a) Immediate right b) Immediate left c) Second to the right
d) Second to the left e) Third to the right
- How many persons are seated between D1 & the one who drank the least amount of water?
a) None b) One c) Two d) Three e) More than three
Directions (6 – 10): Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below.
There are 8 children – A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 and H1 who live on different floors of a 8-floor building numbered 1 to 8 not necessarily in the same order. They are in different class – 3, 5, 6 and 10 such that 2 children in same class. Children who are in same class live on even-odd floors. Example: If B1 is in class 10 with H1, then if B1 lives on 6th floor then H1 lives on any odd floors – 1/3/5/7 and not 2/4/8. B1 and G1 are in same class. One of the children in class 3 lives on 5th floor. The one who lives on 3rd floor is in even numbered class. The one who lives on 7th floor and C1 are in same class. A1 is in class 6 and lives on 4th floor. 2 children live between E1 and A1. D1 is in 10th class. One child lives between E1 and G1, both of which are in odd numbered classes. 2 children live between one of the children in class 10 and F1. F1 lives
below this child. Both children in class 10 live above C1.
- Which of the following pair is in same class?
a) B1, F1 b) D1, F1 c) E1, H1
d) A1, D1 e) None of these
- Who lives on 8th floor?
a)E1 b) One of the children in class 6
c) One of the children in class 10 d) H1
e) One of the children in class 3
- How many children live between D1 and F1?
a)2 b) 1 c) None
d) 4 e) Cannot be determined
- Who lives just above G1?
a)C1 b) A1 c) D1
d) H1 e) B1
- Which of the following combination of floor number – child – class is correct?
a) 1 – C1 – 5 b) 6 – B1 – 10 c) 5 – D1 – 3
d) 3 – F1 – 10 e) 2 – C1 – 6