Daily Current Affairs 31st Oct 2020 (National/International)
- Telangana CM Chandrasekhar Rao launches ‘Dharani’ Portal.The Dharani is a one-stop portal for all land and property-related transactions as well as documentation
- India extends $1 bn credit line to Central Asian countries Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- Late Indian actor, Om Puri was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the third edition of the India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB 2020).
- World’s 1st scientoon book entitled “Bye Bye Corona”, was released by Anandiben Patel, Governor, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day is observed every year on October 31 since 2014, to commemorate the birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated the 31st of October as World Cities Day.
- Indian Army launches secure messaging app SAI (Secure Application for Internet) for its soldiers.
- India and the United States signed the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) for Geo-Spatial Cooperation on October 27, 2020. The agreement was signed during the third India-US 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue. It will enable the militaries of the two countries to have access to accurate geospatial data and classified satellite data on defence issues.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the Green Delhi app on October 29, 2020.
- Meri Saheli initiative has been launched by the Indian Railways to focus on the safety of women passengers across all the zones.
- The 14th edition of Asian Film Awards was organized by the Asian Film Awards Academy. Indian Movie Gully Boy has received the award for the Best Original Score at 14th Asian Film Awards.
14th Asian Film Awards Winners List:
|Best Actor||Lee Byung-hun – The Man Standing Next (South Korea)|
|Best Actress||Zhou Dongyu – Better Days (China)|
|Best Cinematography||Dong Jinsong – The Wild Goose Lake|
|Best Costume Designer||Pacharin Surawatanapongs– Happy Old Year|
|Best Director||Wang Xiaoshuai for So Long, My Son (China)|
|Best Editing||Yang Jin-mo – Parasite|
|Best Film||Parasite (South Korea)|
|Best Newcomer||Jackson Yee – Better Days|
|Best New Director||Hikari – 37 Seconds|
|Best Supporting Actor||Ryo Kase – To the Ends of the Earth|
|Best Supporting Actress||Ko Shu-chin – A Sun|
|Best Screenplay||Bong Joon-ho, Han Jin-won – Parasite|
|Best Original Music||Karsh Kale, The Salvage Audio Collective – Gully Boy|
|Best Production Design||Ha-jun Lee – Parasite|
|Best Visual Effects||Tomi Kijo, Renovatio Pictures – Detention|
|Best Sound||Yoshifumi Kureishi – Listen to the Universe|
- Vietnam has been hit by one of its biggest storms in two decades – Typhoon Molave.
- Tummala Srinivasa Kumar took charge as the new Indian National Centre for Ocean Information System (INCOIS) Director.
- The Government of India is set to appoint former Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer and Information Commissioner Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha as the new Chief Information Commissioner.
- Union Minister for Science & Technology launched “SERB-POWER (Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research)” Scheme, designed exclusively for women scientists.