Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 19 August 2020
Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Kita resigns
- President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has announced his resignation amid a military coup. He announced his resignation last night on state television hours after mutinous soldiers fired shots into the air outside his home before detaining him. The dramatic development comes after more than two months of regular demonstrations calling for him to step down three years before his final term was due to end.
Uttar Pradesh Government announced New Electronic Manufacturing Policy 2020
- UP Govt has announced Electronic Manufacturing Policy 2020 in order to invite investment of Rupees. 40,000 crores in the next five years as well as to generate 4 lakh direct employment in the state.
- The newly launched policy will support Prime Minister Modi’s vision of achieving Zero import of electronic goods. The policy will help in making UP a global electronics hub and will also attract international investors to shift their base to India post-COVID-19.
Indian Railways introduced drone-based surveillance system
- Indian Railways have introduced Drone based surveillance system for Railway security.Railway Protection Force, RPF has planned extensive use of drones for the purpose of Railway security. Nine drones have been procured by RPF so far at a cost of around 32 lakh at South Eastern Railway, Central Railway, Modern Coaching Factory, Raebareli and South Western Railway.
Reliance Retail acquires majority stake in Netmeds for Rupees 620 crores
- Reliance Retail has acquired a majority equity stake in ‘Netmeds’ for Rupeess 620 crores. The announcement was made by the RIL
Asian Development Bank approved $1 billion package for Delhi-Meerut Rapid Transit System
- ADB has approved a loan of 1 billion dollars to support the construction of the high-speed, modern Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System. The officials of NCR Transport Corporation, entity executing the project.
- The Delhi-Meerut regional rapid transit system (RRTS) network of 82 kms is the first of the three priority rail corridors in India’s integrated transport network under NCR Regional Plan of 2021.
Fino Payments Bank launches Aadhaar Authentication based Digital Savings account ‘Jan BachatKhata’
- Fino Payments Bank t announced that it has launched Jan BachatKhata, an Aadhaar Authentication based digital savings account that brings neo-banking experience to consumers.
Dream11 wins IPL title sponsorship for Rs 222 crores
- Fantasy sports platform Dream11 has won IPL 2020 title sponsorship bid for Rs 222 crores. This was announced by IPL Chairman Brijesh Patel on August 18, 2020.
Rohit Sharma appointed Oakley’s brand ambassador in India
- Oakley has appointed India’s opening Batsman Rohit Sharma as its brand ambassador for a period of two years in India. As a part of the partnership, Rohit Sharma will be sporting Oakley eyewear equipped with patented Prizm technology created specifically for sports lenses.