Meghalaya Govt partners with Israel to set up ‘Centre of Excellence
- Meghalaya government has entered into a partnership with Israel to establish a one of a kind Centre of Excellence(CoE) on high-value vegetables in the state to improve and promote the livelihoods of farmers. CoE is important for tapping the diverse biodiversity and available resources in the state in terms of its soil and agro-climatic condition.
India successfully test-fires anti-radiation missile Rudram-1 to destroy enemy radars
- India successfully tested a new indigenous air-launched missile called `Rudram-1’, which is designed to destroy a variety of enemy surveillance, communication and radar targets on the ground after being fired from Sukhoi-30MKI fighters.
Mukesh Ambani tops Forbes India richest list for 13th year with net worth of $88 billion
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has once again topped the Forbes India richest list of 2020. Among the 100 richest individuals and families in the country, Mukesh Ambani is ranked number one with a net worth of $88 billion.
Coastal security exercise “Sagar Kavach” concludes
- A two-day Coastal Security Exercise namely ‘Sagar Kavach’ conducted by the Indian Navy along with Indian Coast Guard and all stakeholders involved in Coastal Security from the coast of Kerala.
Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat launches Saur Swarojgar Yojana to generate self-employment for youth, migrants
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana for self-employment by solar energy farming at the Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali auditorium in Dehradun.
- “The aim of the scheme is to promote the production of green energy and to provide self-employment opportunities to the youth of the State and returning migrants
Jordan’s King Abdullah II appointed Bishr al-Khasawneh as PM
- King of Jordan, Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein has appointed Bishr al-Khasawneh, policy advisor to the king, as new Prime Minister of the country. His appointment comes after King Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Omar al Razzaz.
Nilesh Shah re-elected as Chairman of AMFI
- Nilesh Shah has been re-elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI). He was earlier elected as the Chairman for 2019 – 2020.
World Food Programme wins Nobel Peace Prize 2020
- The World Food Programme (WFP) was honoured for its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict.The Rome-based organisation has been feeding people in some of the world’s most dangerous places, with the coronavirus pandemic seen pushing millions more into hunger.
Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan passes away
- Ram Vilas Paswan minister in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s cabinet and the founder of the Lok Janshakti Party died at a Delhi hospital.He was a minister in central governments headed by parties of contrasting ideological persuasions, ranging from the Janata Dal to the Congress and the BJP, since 1989