First India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue held virtually
- The first India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue was held virtually today. The meeting was co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Secretary-General, French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs François Delattre, and Secretary, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Frances Adamson. The focus of the dialogue was on enhancing cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region.
Education Minister confers CBSE Teachers Award on 38 Teachers & Principals
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today conferred CBSE Teachers Award on 38 Teachers and Principals of CBSE affiliated schools during an online ceremony in New Delhi. These awards were presented for the year 2019-20 in honour of the Teachers and Principals for their valuable contribution towards improving school education, innovation and dedication.
Food Processing Industries Minister inaugurates Organic Food Processing Unit in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
- Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal today inaugurated the Organic Food Processing Unit in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh through video conference. Speaking on the ocassion, Ms Badal said, through this food processing unit five thousand farmers will be benefitted and it is expected to leverage an investment of over 50 crore rupees. She said that the food processing sector is witnessing robust growth and has been identified as a champion sector by the Government of India
Karnataka CM B.S. Yediyurappa inaugurates flyover named after Veer Savarkar
- Karnataka Chief Minister, inaugurated the ‘Veer Savarkar’ flyover in Bengaluru. The inauguration of the 400-metre long flyover built on Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Road in the city. The Bengaluru’s civic body Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) built the flyover at the cost of Rs 34 crore. The project of constructing the flyover began in September 2017.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur, Rajasthan through video conference. The Patrika Gate was built by the Patrika group of Newspapers on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg in Jaipur.
Anil Jain becomes new President of All India Tennis Association
- The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has elected Anil Jain as its new president, while Anil Dhupar was chosen as its secretary-general. India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the treasurer for a four-year term till 2024. All the office-bearers, as well as the new executive committee members, were elected unopposed. Anil Jain will replace Praveen Mahajan as AITA president. Dhupar will replace Hironmoy Chatterjee
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize awarded to David Attenborough
- Sir David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019. He is an English broadcaster and a historian. He is popular for writing and presenting the BBC Natural History Unit. He worked to make aware to preserve and protect the biodiversity of the planet
Filmmaker Johnny Bakshi passes away
- Veteran producer-director, Johnny Bakshi passed away. He mostly worked as a producer, backing films such as Manzilein Aur Bhi Hain, (1974), Raavan, (1984) and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993). He has also directed two films Daku Aur Police (1992) and Khudai (1994
Actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passes away
- Telugu actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away. He was working as a sub-inspector of police when he got an opportunity to act in Venkatesh’s 1988 film Brahma Puthrudu. He was last seen in Mahesh Babu starrer Sarileru Neekevvaru (2020).