Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates 22 bamboo clusters in nine states
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar today inaugurated 22 bamboo clusters in nine states by virtual mode. These States are Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Uttarakhand and Karnataka. A logo for the National Bamboo Mission was also released
S Jaishankar to attend SCO Foreign Ministers meet in Moscow
- EAM Dr. S Jaishankar will be attending the meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization to be held in Moscow on 9th and 10th of this month. This will be the third Council of Foreign Ministers, CFM meeting that India will be attending as a full member of SCO.
CIPET to establish two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support at Bhagalpur & Varanasi
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers will be shortly establishing two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support- CSTS at Bhagalpur (Bihar) and Varanasi (UP) .
India successfully flight tests indigenous Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle
- India successfully flight tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV). This is a giant leap in indigenous defence technologies and a significant milestone towards a Sashakt Bharat and Atmanirbhar Bharat. DRDO with this mission, has demonstrated capabilities for highly complex technology that will serve as the building block for Next Gen Hypersonic vehicles in partnership with industry.
Tamil Nadu releases new Electronic Hardware Manufacturing Policy 2020
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy on September 7, 2020 released the state’s new Electronic Hardware and Manufacturing Policy-2020. The policy is aimed at increasing the state’s electronics industry output to $100 billion by 2025.
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize awarded to Sir David Attenborough
- David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019. He is an English broadcaster and a historian. He is popular for writing and presenting BBC Natural History unit. He worked to make aware to preserve and protect biodiversity of the planet
India, ADB sign 500 million US dollar loan for Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor
- India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) today signed a 500 million US dollar loan for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor.
- The first tranche of a total one billion dollar facility, to build a modern, high-speed 82-kilometer Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor will improve regional connectivity and mobility in India’s national capital region (NCR).
Australia appoints cricket icon Matthew Hayden as trade envoy to India
- Australia has appointed ex cricketer, Matthew Hayden and Indian-origin politician Lisa Singh as trade envoys for advancing business ties with India. The council plays an important role in advancing Australia’s foreign and economic policy interests with India. Three new appointments to the board of the Australia-India Council were announced recently, Ashok Jacob has been reappointed as chair, and will be joined by three new board members.”
Oscar winning Czech Director Jiri Menzel passes away
- Czech film director, Jiri Menzel passed away. He was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia on 23 February 1938. His 1st feature film, ‘Closely Watched Trains’ won an Academy Award (Oscars) for Best Foreign Language film in 1968.