FM launches Indian Bank’s business mentoring programme for MSMEs
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Tuesday launched ‘MSME Prerana,’ an online business mentoring programme for MSMEs by the state-run Indian Bank.
Russia successfully test-fires Tsirkon hypersonic missile
- Russia successfully test-fired a Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missile in the Arctic on Tuesday, Chief of the General Staff of Russia’s Armed Forces Valery Gerasimov The missile covered a distance of 450 km with the maximum altitude of its trajectory at 28 km, he said, adding that the flight lasted 4.5 minutes and the missile reached a hypersonic speed of over Mach 8.
ICG Offshore Patrol Vessel ”Vigraha” launched to enhance coastal security
- The seventh offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG), ”Vigraha” was formally unveiled at the Kattupalli port.The vessel, built by Larsen and Toubro, is the last in the series of seven OPVs contracted to the company by the Ministry of Defence in 2015
Nobel Prize in Chemistry awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A Doudna
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2020 has been awarded jointly to Emmanuelle Charpentier of France and Jennifer A Doudna of America for the gene-editing technique known as the CRISPR-Cas9 DNA snipping “scissors”. This is the first time a Nobel science prize has gone to a women-only team
3 scientists share Nobel physics prize for black hole research
- The 2020 Nobel Prize for physics has been awarded to Roger Penrose for black hole discovery and Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for discovering “a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy.”
Vistara Partners With Axis Bank to Launch Co-Branded Forex Card For International Travellers
- Axis Bank has partnered with Vistara to launch a co-branded forex card – ‘Axis Bank Club Vistara Forex Card’. This is also the first-ever collaboration by a bank and an Indian airline for a co-branded forex card.
Ajinkya Rahane signed as brand ambassador of Hudle
- Indian batsman Ajinkya Rahane has been appointed as the brand ambassador and advisor of Hudle, a Delhi-based sports tech & events startup.
Dinesh Kumar Khara becomes new Chairman of SBI
- The government of India has appointed Dinesh Kumar Khara as the new Chairman of State Bank of India for a period of three years. His appointment is effective from October 7. Currently, Khara is the Managing Director in-charge of Global Banking & Subsidiaries.
IPS officer MA Ganapathy appointed DG of BCAS
- Senior IPS officer, M A Ganapathy has been appointed as the Director-General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS). He is a 1986 batch IPS officer of Uttarakhand cadre. The post of BCAS chief fell vacant after Rakesh Asthana was appointed as the Director-General of Border Security Force in August.
Veteran Bollywood Actor Vishal Anand passes away
- Veteran Bollywood actor, Vishal Anand has passed away. He came to fame with 1976 super-hit song and film ‘Chalte Chalte’. His real name was Bhishmam Kohli. He has appeared in 11 Hindi films during his acting careers like Hindustan Ki Kasam and Taxi Driver. Apart from acting, Anand had also directed and produced a few films, including Chalte Chalte.
Afghanistani cricketer Najeeb Tarakai passes away
- Afghanistan right-handed batsman, Najeeb Tarakai passed away in a road accident. He played 12 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) for Afghanistan, after making his international debut in the 2014 T20 World Cup. He played his only one-day international against Ireland in 2017.