Donald Trump announces Wilmington as 1st WWII Heritage City
- President of the USA, Donald Trump has announced Wilmington, North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City. The announcement was made at a ceremony held to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II on September 2, 2020.
India successfully flight tests indigenous Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle
- India successfully flight tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV). This is a giant leap in indigenous defence technologies and a significant milestone towards a Sashakt Bharat and Atmanirbhar Bharat. DRDO with this mission, has demonstrated capabilities for highly complex technology that will serve as the building block for Next Gen Hypersonic vehicles in partnership with industry.
Prakash Javadekar to chair a webinar on first ever International Day of Clean Air For Blue Skies
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will chair a webinar today on the first-ever International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies. Mr Javadekar will also review the progress of activities under the National Clean Air programme (NCAP) during the course of the webinar.
Indo-Pacific Business Forum to be held in Hanoi
- The third annual Indo-Pacific Business Forum is to be held in Hanoi, Vietnam capital between October 28, 2020 and October 29, 2020. The forum is to be sponsored by US-ASEAN Business Council, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, US Chamber of Commerce and Government of Vietnam.
J&K LG launches SPARROW system for J&K Administrative Service officers
- J & K Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha launched the online portal, Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) for Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Service Officers (JKAS).
Vodafone Idea rebranded as ‘Vi’
- Vodafone and Idea brands re-branded themselves under a new brand identify ‘Vi’ on September 7, 2020. The new brand identity has been adopted keeping in mind the future, which is built for and around customers.
- The new brand identity and unified consumer positioning was launched by Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL) through a virtual launch on September 7. The integration of Vodafone and Idea marks the culmination of the largest telecom integration in the world
Kenichi Ayukawa becomes new president of SIAM
- Maruti Suzuki MD and CEO, Kenichi Ayukawa has been elected as the new President of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) for a term of two years. He will replace Rajan Wadhera. Ashok Leyland MD and CEO, Vipin Sondhi has been elected as the new vice president of SIAM. SIAM is the apex body of the Indian automotive industry.
Pierre Gasly wins Formula1 Italian Grand Prix
- Pierre Gasly (Scuderia AlphaTauri, France) has won the Formula One Italian Grand Prix 2020 held at Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy. This is his first Grand Prix win. Carlos Sainz Jr. (McLaren, Spain) came second followed by Lance Stroll (Racing Point, Canada) in third place. Lewis Hamilton ended at 7th place after he earned a 10-second stop and go penalty.
Cricketer Ian Bell announces retirement
- England cricketer, Ian Bell has announced that he will retire from all forms of cricket at the end of the 2020 domestic season. He made his debut in 2004. He played 118 Tests, 161 ODIs, and 8 T20Is for England. He retired from ODIs in 2015 to focus on Test cricket. He won five Ashes series out of seven. He was the Player of the Series in the 2013 series, where he scored 562 runs at an average of 62.44.
Kesavananda Bharati passed away
- Kesavananda Bharti, the head seer of Edneer Mutt in Kerala since 1961 passed away. He was famous for initiating the historic judgement of Supreme Court that “Basic Structure of Constitution” cannot be amended by the Parliament.