J&K Government sets up Biodiversity Council
- The Jammu and Kashmir government on September 2, 2020 set up a 10-member biodiversity council to document the biodiversity of the union territory. The council will maintain a Peoples Biodiversity Register (PBR) with the help of representatives from local governance bodies
India to host Quad meet and 2+2 dialogue
- India will soon be hosting the Quad meet involving Australia, Japan and the United States and the 2+2 dialogue with the United States.
Karnataka Govt approves New Information Technology Policy
- Karnataka cabinet approved a new Information Technology Policy, 2020. The policy will help the state to increase its contribution in achieving its goal of 1 trillion USD. Also, the policy will help the state to create six million jobs. The policy is to be executed between 2020 and 2025.
NTPC wins AIMA Chanakya National Management Games 2020
- Team of NTPC Limited, the Central PSU under Ministry of Power, has won the All India Management Association (AIMA) Chanakya (Business Simulation Game) National Management Games (NMG) 2020. The team from NTPC Vallur, Tamil Nadu won the championship which featured the participation of teams from 112 organisations from different parts of the country.
National Tribal Research Conclave organised by IIPA
- Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) organised 2-days long “National Tribal Research Conclave”. The inaugural session of conclave was addressed by the Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda
Raj Srivastava appointed as India’s Ambassador to Republic of Croatia
- Raj Srivastava has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Croatia. He is an IFS officer of 1997 batch and is presently serving as the Deputy Chief of Mission in the Embassy of India, Tokyo.
Krishnan becomes new MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval for the appointment of S Krishnan as Managing Director and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
M Ramakrishnan becomes new MD & CEO of South Indian Bank
- Murali Ramakrishnan will take over as the new managing director & CEO of Kerala-based South India Bank. He retired from ICICI Bank as Senior General Manager at Strategic Project Group on May 30, 2020 and joined the Bank as an advisor on July 1, 2020. The bank got the Reserve Bank of India’s approval for the appointment for a period of three years with effect from October 1, 2020
Indian Grand master P Iniyan wins World Open Online Chess Tournament
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan won the prestigious Annual World Open online chess tournament , having practiced at night to get used to the American time zone.
- The Tamil Nadu player scored seven and half points out of a possible nine with six victories and three draws to finish on top, ahead of many higher rated Grandmasters.