Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 30 August 2020
India Ranked 72nd on Global List with Average Monthly Wage of Rs 32,800
- In accordance with the global ranking of average wages prepared by Picodi.com, India ranked 72nd among 106 countries with an average monthly wage of Rs 32,800 (USD 437). Picodi.com is an international e-commerce platform, headquartered in Poland, provides discount coupons. Its analysis team looked into earnings of countries around the world and created a global ranking of average wages
CISF launched ‘Pensioners Corner’ Mobile App
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has created & launched an in-house mobile Application(app), ‘Pensioners Corner’ Mobile Application(App) to get in touch with the pensioners and to bring them to the digital platform as a one stop solution. It will also cater to the needs of its pensioners. It is a part of its ‘e-karyalay’ , an electronic office app launched in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
GoI enhances prize money in National Sports Awards
- The prize money for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award has been increased to 25 lakh rupees from the previous amount of 7.5 lakh rupees.
- Arjuna Award has been enhanced to 15 lakh rupees from 5 lakh.
- The Dhronacharya (Lifetime) awardees, who were earlier given 5 lakh rupees will now be given 15 lakh rupees as cash prize, while Dhronacharya (Regular) will be given 10 lakh instead of 5 lakh rupees per awardee.
- Dhyanchand Awardees will be given 10 lakh rupees instead of 5 lakh rupees.
SBI to Receive Human Capital Management Excellence Award 2020
- State Bank of India (SBI) to receive Brandon Human Capital Management(HCM) Excellence Award(also known as the Academy Awards of Learning & Development)2020, a global recognition for its HR initiative, ”Nayi Disha”. The award winners will be honored at Brandon Hall Group’s annual HCM Excellence Conference, January 26-28, 2021 at the Hilton West Palm Beach, Florida.
Reliance Retail to acquire Future Group’s retail, wholesale businesses for Rs 24,713 cr
- Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL) announced that it is acquiring the retail, wholesale business, logistics and warehouse business of Future Group for Rs 24,713 crore.
- The announcement has come amid ongoing concerns on a slump sale basis for lumpsum aggregate consideration. Reliance Retail will be buying the businesses from the Future Group for Rs 24,713 crore, subject to adjustments as set out in the composite scheme of arrangement.
Cricketer Tharanga Paranavitana retires
- Opening batsman of Sri Lanka Nishad Tharanga Paranavitana has announced retirement from all forms of International Cricket. He has represented Sri Lanka in 32 Test Matches scoring 1792 runs including two hundreds and 11 fifties.
Noor Inayat Khan, Britain’s World War II Spy Became the 1st Indian-origin woman to honoured with a Memorial Blue Plaque
- Noor Inayat Khan(Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan or Nora Baker), Britain’s World War II spy, who served in the Special Operations Executive(SOE) became the 1st Indian-origin woman to be honoured with a memorial Blue Plaque at her former family home in London, United Kingdom(UK). She is 1st musilm war heroine of Britain and 1st female wireless operator sent from the UK into Nazi-occupied France to aid the French Resistance during World War II. She was born on January 1, 1914 in Moscow, Russia.