Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 29 August 2020
14th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue held in video conference
- The India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue was held in video conference. The countries agreed to discuss number of issues of bilateral defence engagements. They agreed to enhance the security partnership.
India co-sponsors United Nations Security Council Resolution on women peacekeepers
- India’s Permanent Mission to United Nations on August 28, 2020, announced that it has decided to co-sponsor a UN security council resolution that calls for the full, effective, and meaningful participation of women personnel in peacekeeping operations.
IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launches ‘Chunauti’ a programme to further boost startups, software product
- Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad today launched “Chunauti”- Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest to further boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of the country.
- Under this challenge the Ministry of Electronics and IT will invite startups in the areas of work including Edu Tech, Agri Tech and Fin Tech solutions for masses, Supply Chain and Logistic management, Infrastructure, Medical Healthcare as well as jobs and skilling.
National Sports Day: August 29
- Every year, India celebrates National Sports Day on August 29 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the legendary hockey player Dhyan Chand. He was born on August 29, 1905.
51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) to be held in Goa
- 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will be held in Goa, from November 20th to 28th. This film festival is a hybrid film festival due to COVID 19, would screen films on the official digital platform along with the theatrical screenings.
Dwayne Bravo becomes 1st bowler to scalp 500 wickets in T20 cricket
- West Indies All-Rounder, Dwayne John Bravo became the first bowler in cricket to scalp 500 wickets in Twenty20 matches. He achieved the feat in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) 2020 match between his team Trinbago Knight Riders and St Lucia Zouks. Bravo took the wicket of Rahkeem Cornwall (18) to register his 500th wicket. Dwayne Bravo achieved the feat in his 459th match in the shortest format
Ex Supreme Court Judge Justice A.R. Lakshmanan passes away
- Ex Supreme Court judge Justice, A.R. Lakshmanan passed away. He was born in Devakottai in Sivaganga district, Tamil Nadu on March 22, 1942. He was appointed as the supreme court judge on December 20, 2002 and retired on March 22, 2007. Currently he was the sitting representative of Tamil Nadu in the Mullai Periyar Panel headed by Justice A.S.Anand
Black panther star Chadwick Boseman passes away
- The Hollywood star Chadwick Boseman, best known for his work in ‘Black Panther’ passed away on August 28, 2020, after a four-year-long battle with colon cancer. He was 43.
Congress MP Harikrishnan Vasanthakumar passes away
- In Tamil Nadu, Congress MP H. Vasantha Kumar representing Kanyakumari Lok Sabha Constituency passed away in Chennai yesterday evening, due to COVID-19. He was 70.