Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 27 August 2020
GoI sets up Expert Panel to redefine DRDO
- The Government of India set up an expert panel to redefine the roles and responsibilities of Defence Research Development Organization.
- The panel was set up by the DRDO chief Satheesh Reddy under the chairmanship of Indian Institute of Delhi director V Ramgopal Rao. The panel has been asked to submit its report within 45 days
First Marine Ambulance PRATHEEKSHA launched by Kerala Government
- The Government of Kerala has launched Marine Ambulance services to provide more efficient rescue.The Marine Ambulance specializes in providing first aid and also rescue operations. The ambulance is capable of providing critical care to up to five people simultaneously
NITI Aayog to launch NDC-TIA India Component
- The India Component of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)–Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA) will be launched by the NITI Aayog. It will aim to set up a multi-stakeholder dialogue platform in order to decarbonize transport in India. NITI Aayog will be the implementing partner for the India Component of NDC-TIA.
NHAI develops a “Vendor Performance Evaluation System
- NHAI has developed the ‘Vendor Performance Evaluation System’ to establish a transparent and comprehensive performance rating system for its consultants, contractors and concessionaires.
- The portal-based objective assessment of vendors was initiated to track the vendor performance for various NHAI projects.
Indian Space Research Organisation signs MoU with VSSUT to set up Incubation Centre
- ISRO and VSSUT has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to set up the first of its kind innovation cum incubation centre, VSSUT Space Innovation Centre (VSSSIC) to promote space research. ISRO and VSSUT will collaborate to develop high-end simulation tools, miniature test facilities like Static test facility and solid propulsion research lab and establishment of testing facilities for the scaled-down model.
Liberty Savings Account launched by Axis Bank
- Axis Bank has introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian Youth, to address the ever-changing lifestyle needs of young and digitally interested Indians. It offers a complimentary hospital cash insurance cover of up to Rs 20,000 per year, which covers hospital expenses incurred under COVID -19, which makes this a 1st of its kind savings account to cover the pandemic. This account targets to meet the lifestyle requirements of the working class that falls under 35 years of age.
Vinay Tonse becomes new MD and CEO of SBI Mutual Fund
- Vinay Tonse has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of SBI Mutual Fund (MF). He will replace Ashwani Bhatia, who has been now appointed as the managing director (MD) of State Bank of India
Journalist Gail Sheehy passes away
- Writer-journalist, Commentator and Pop sociologist, Gail Sheehy passed away. Her best-selling book “Passages: Predictable Crises of Adult Life” was published in 1976. Sheehy’s honors included the National Magazine Award, the Anisfield-Wolf Book Award and a citation from the American Psychological Association.