NCDC sanctions first instalment funds of Rs. 19, 444 crore to three states for Kharif paddy procurement under MSP
- NSDC(National Cooperative Development Corporation) has sanctioned the first instalment funds of Rs. 19, 444 crore to three states for Kharif paddy procurement under Minimum Support Price operations
India Ranks 89 among 181 Countries in World Risk Index 2020
- As per the ranking in the index, India has been ranked at the 89th Position among 181 countries. India is termed under the category of Medium Risk.The ranking is topped by Vanuatu
Assam govt develops new mobile app for air passengers
- The Assam government has developed a mobile app through which air passengers can download forms, fill it up, and show it at airports to avoid delay in completing formalities for COVID-19 tests
India, Denmark sign MoU on Intellectual Property cooperation
- India entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Denmark in the field of Intellectual Property (IP) Cooperation.This MoU will go a long way in fostering the cooperation between India and Denmark, and provide opportunities to both countries to learn from the experience of each other, especially in terms of best practices followed in the other country.
ADB approves USD 570 million loans for urban projects in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved two loans totalling USD 570 million (about Rs 4,200 crore) for urban sector projects in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. It has approved a USD 300 million loan to develop Rajasthan’s secondary towns and a USD 270 million loan for Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project.
RBI publishes “’Technology Vision for Cyber Security’ for Urban Co-operative Banks
- The Reserve Bank of India has today placed on its website the “’Technology Vision for Cyber Security’ for Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) – 2020-2023”. The Technology Vision Document aims at enhancing the cyber security posture of the Urban Co-operative banking sector against evolving IT and cyber threat environment.
Aamir Khan is the new brand ambassador of Ceat Tyres
- Ceat Tyres has roped in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador, who will feature in its various campaigns across media platforms.
Mohamed Hussein Roble appointed as new Prime Minister of Somalia
- Mohamed Hussein Roble has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Somalia after a landslide victory in Parliamentary election held on 23 September 2020.
Former Union Minister and BJP leader Jaswant Singh passes away
- The former Union Minister Jaswant Singh passes away on September 27, 2020, at Army Hospital (R&R), Delhi due to cardiac arrest.Born on January 3, 1938, at village Jasol, Rajasthan, in a Rajput family, Jaswant Singh, entered politics in the late 60s but it wasn’t until 1980 that he tasted success in his political career. In 1980, he was first selected for the Raja Sabha.
Renowned Nuclear Scientist Sekhar Basu passes away
- Veteran Atomic Scientist and Former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission(AEC), Sekhar Basu passed away due to COVID-19. He served as the Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and as director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC). He was born on September 20, 1952, in Muzaffarpur, Bihar.