Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 25 August 2020
China launches 5th Gaofen-9 series Earth observation satellite
- China has successfully launched 5th Earth observation satellite, Gaofen-9 (05), from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China. The satellite, sent into orbit by a Long March-2D carrier rocket, is an optical remote-sensing satellite with a resolution up to the sub-meter level. This launch was the 343rd mission of the Long March rocket series and the 23rd for China in 2020.
INS Viraat to be dismantled in Gujarat
- The aircraft carrier, INS Viraat that served the Indian Navy for more than 30 years is to be dismantled at Alang, Gujarat. The ship was decommissioned three years back.
Indian Air Force launches MY IAF Application
- The Indian Air Force launched MY IAF mobile application. The application provides career related information and job details to candidates.
International Conference on Climate Change and its Impact on Himalayan Region to be held in India
- The Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital is to conduct an International Conference on Climate Change and its Impact on Himalayan Region. The conference is to be held between September 14 and September 16, 2020.
India-AIIB sign agreement of 500 million USD
- Government of Maharashtra and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank signed loan agreement of 500 million USD to improve service quality, safety and network capacity of suburban railway system in Mumbai.
Tata Group to launch “Super App” for digital services
- Tata Group is launching a new app named “Super App” purported to bring together the country’s disparate sales sector to offer a range of consumer goods. The app will put the conglomerate in competition with giants of the region like Reliance Industries and global titans like Amazon.
German Golfer Sophia Popov wins Women’s British Open 2020
- German Golfer Sophia Popov won the Women’s British Open 2020 title (rebranded as 2020 AIG Women’s Open) by defeating Thailand’s Jasmine Suwannapura by two strokes at Royal Troon in Scotland. Sophia has now become the first female golfer from Germany to win the LPGA Tour’s major title.
Australia all-rounder Cameron White announces retirement
- Australian all-rounder Cameron White has announced his retirement from all forms of professional cricket. He represented Australia in 4 Test matches, 91 ODIs and 47 T20Is. He also led the Australian limited-overs team in 7 international games. He amassed 146 runs in tests, 2072 runs in ODIs and 984 runs in T20Is.
BOOK AND AUTHOR
Book titled “Who painted my lust red?” by Sree Iyer
- Book titled “Who painted my lust red?” has been authored by Sree Iyer. The book is something about when Bollywood meets Cricket meets Politicians. This is the second book in this series of Sree Iyer’s Money Trilogy series. The first book was “Who painted my money white?”.