Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 24 August 2020
Turkey discovers biggest-ever natural gas reserve in Black Sea
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that Turkey has discovered 320 billion cubic meters of natural gas, the biggest-ever natural gas reserve in the Black Sea. The announcement was made during a televised address at Istanbul’s Dolmabahce Palace.
Assam govt Launched longest river ropeway over Brahmaputra
- Assam government launched India’s longest ropeway over Brahmaputra river on August 24, 2020. The ropeway will connect Guwahati to North Guwahati.
- While making the announcement regarding the launch of the longest ropeway, the Assam government also informed that the service of ropeway will become operational from August 24, 2021.
Karnataka Govt. to build “Transit Homes” for Migrant Workers
- The Karnataka Government is to build transit homes for migrant workers. The homes aim to provide better living conditions for the migrant workers. This is being launched because of the reverse migration in Karnataka amid lock down
Indian Railways generate 6,40,000 days of work under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- The Indian Railways have generated more than 6,40,000-man days under Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan in six states. They are Jharkhand, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh
First female golfer from Germany Sophia Popov wins Women’s British Open
- World number 304 Sophia Popov became the first female golfer from Germany to capture a major title after winning the Women’s British Open by two strokes at Royal Troon in Scotland.
- Popov, who went into the final round with a three-shot lead, bounced back from bogeying the first hole by making five birdies in her 3-under 68. Thailand’s Jasmine Suwannapura was the runner-up after shooting 67. It completed one of the most unlikely wins in the tournament’s history.
Bayern Munich beat Paris Saint-Germain to win UEFA Champions League
- German giants Bayern Munich have won the European Champions League for the sixth time after beating French side Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 at the final in Portugal’s capital, Lisbon.
- A goal by French winger Kingsley Coman at the 59th minute was enough for the Munich side to dash the Parisians’ dream of winning for the first time the UEFA Champions League. A competition which started in June 2019 with the preliminary round comes to a climax between the best side in world football against one of the planet’s finest forward lines.
Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Abbas & Lisa Sthalekar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Legendary South African all-rounder Jaques Kallis, Pakistan batting great Zaheer Abbas and Pune-born former Australian captain Lisa Sthalekar were inducted into the International Cricket Council’s Hall of Fame in a virtual ceremony
BOOK AND AUTHOR
Book titled “Gastric Cancer” released by Jitendra Singh
- Jitendra Singh has released a book on cancer named “Gastric Cancer” edited by Dr Ashok K. Vaid. The book was launched during a special session organized during the 3-day virtual conference on Oncology. The book is published by Springer Healthcare Education. Ashok K. Vaid is a Noted Oncologist and was awarded Padma Shri in 2009 for his outstanding work in the field of medicine.