J&K launched National Generic Document Registration System
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Manoj Sinha launched the National Generic Document Registration System for the union territory. The system was developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) to address the diversity and variations that prevails across the states on account of formats, languages, processes and formulae.
Laser-guided ATGM successfully test-fired by DRDO
- The Defence Ministry informed on September 23, 2020, that the Laser-guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) has been successfully test-fired from MBT Arjun Tank at KK Ranges, Armoured Corps centre and school (ACC&S), Ahmednagar. The testing took place on September 22, 2020.
Railways target to complete 100% electrification of broad gauge routes by 2023
- Railways has planned for 100 per cent electrification of its broad gauge routes by 2023.The Minister informed that around 63 per cent broad gauge lines have already been electrified out of a total 63,631 route kilometers as on 1st of April this year.
Indian Navy, Royal Australian Navy Passage Exercise (PASSEX) underway in Eastern Indian Ocean
- PASSEX underway between Royal Australian Navy and Indian Navy in Eastern Indian Ocean Region.Air Warfare Destroyer HMAS Hobart, Stealth Frigate INS Sahyadri and Missile Corvette INS Karmuk are engaged in complex Maritime Exercises
RBI appoints AK Dixit as new administrator of PMC Bank
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed former Union Bank of India general manager AK Dixit as the new administrator of crisis-hit Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank with effect from September 23. The present administrator Jai Bhagwan Bhoria has stepped down on September 22
Bougainville Elects Former Rebel Commander Ishmael Toroama as Next President
- Former rebel military commander Ishmael Toroama has been elected president of Bougainville, an autonomous part of Papua New Guinea in the South Pacific, electoral officials said on Wednesday, and is set to lead talks seeking independence.
17-year-old Surat girl Khushi Chindaliya UNEP’s green ambassador in India
- Seventeen years old Khushi Chindaliya from Surat, Gujarat, was recently appointed as the Regional Ambassador for India by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) – Tunza Eco-Generation (TEG)
Simanchala Dash appointed as advisor to IMF Executive Director
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the proposal to appoint Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington. He has been appointed for a period of three years.
Bajaj Finserv launches health tech solutions business
- Financial services conglomerate Bajaj Finserv announced its foray into the healthcare ecosystem with the launch of Bajaj Finserv Health Ltd (BFHL), a healthtech solutions business.
A book titled “Kitchens of Gratitude” authored by Chef Vikas Khanna
- Star chef Vikas Khanna has authored a book titled “Kitchens of Gratitude” in which he has written about his Feed India initiative