Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 22 August 2020
Indian Coast Guard Launches 27-Meter-Long Interceptor Boat ICGS C-454 In Surat
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has launched an Interceptor Boat ‘ICGS C-454’ in Surat, Gujarat. The Interceptor Boat ‘ICGS C-454’ has been built by Larsen and Toubro and it has a maximum speed of 45 nautical miles or 83 kilometers per hour.
UP Signs Agreement with Israel for Water Resource Management in Bundelkhand
- The government of Uttar Pradesh (UP) signed an agreement with the Israel’s Water Resource Minister for the water resource management in Bundelkhand region in Uttar Pradesh
Rajiv Kumar appointed new Election Commissioner
- Former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar has been appointed new election commissioner. He will replace Ashok Lavasa, who resigned earlier this week. Mr Kumar will take charge the day Mr Lavasa leaves his office on August 31. Mr Kumar’s appointment comes at a time when the election commission is preparing to hold Bihar assembly polls amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Ashwani Bhatia Appointed as MD of SBI
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed Ashwani Bhatia, Deputy Managing Director (DMD), State Bank of India (SBI) as the Managing Director (MD) of SBI, effective from his date of assumption upto the date of his superannuation(May 31, 2022) or until further orders, whichever is earlier. He succeeds PK Gupta, who superannuated on March 31, 2020.
ICICI Lombard & Bharti AXA Signed Definitive Agreements to Merge their Insurance Businesses
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.(ICICI Lombard) and Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.(Bharti AXA) have signed definitive agreements to merge their insurance business. The merger will happen through a scheme of arrangement. The proposed merged non-life insurance company(combined entity) will have a market share of 8.7% on a pro-forma basis. The deal values Bharti AXA at around Rs 2,700 crore.
HSBC India launches ‘Green Deposit Programme
- HSBC launched its ‘Green Deposit Programme’ for corporate clients. Under this new initiative bank will finance green initiatives such as renewable energy, clean transportation, pollution prevention and control, green building, sustainable water, waste water management and others, providing a simple way for companies to support environmentally-beneficial projects
Gajanand Yadava wins Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2019
- Wing Commander Gajanand Yadava has won the ‘Tenzing Norgey National Adventure Award 2019 .Gajanand Yadava is a Parachute Jump Instructor. He is also a member of IAF’s Skydiving Team Akash GangaHe has undertaken more than 2900 jumps till date, stated the Indian Air Force in its post.
BOOK AND AUTHOR
A Book Titled ‘One Arranged Murder’ Authored by Chetan Bhagat to be Released on September 28 2020
- A Book Titled ‘One Arranged Murder’ authored by Chetan Bhagat will be released worldwide on September 28, 2020. The fiction book portrays a murder mystery in the backdrop of an arranged marriage. The book will be published by Westland Publications Ltd. It is the author’s 9th novel and 11th book overall.