1)New Private Secretary to President:P Siddharth
- A 2001 batch Indian Revenue Service Income Tax cadre officer, P. Praveen Siddharth, has been appointed Private Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Mr. Siddharth has replaced Vikram Singh, who has now been appointed Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping. Mr. Siddharth is already serving as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the President’s Secretariat.
2)Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting virtually
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting under the Saudi Arabian Presidency through Video Conferencing here today to discuss the global economic outlook amid evolving COVID-19 pandemic crisis along with other G20 Finance Track priorities for the year 2020.
3)Pema Khandu releases book ” The Tangams: An Ethnolinguistic Study Of The Critically Endangered Group of Arunachal Pradesh”
- The book titled The Tangams: An Ethnolinguistic Study Of The Critically Endangered Group of Arunachal Pradesh by Centre for Endangered Languages (CFEL), Arunachal Institute of Tribal Studies (AITS), Rajiv Gandhi University, Rono Hills, Arunachal Pradesh was released by Chief Minister Pema Khandu today
4)Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal virtually inaugurates Mega Food Park in Mizoram
- HarsimratBadalFood Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal today virtually inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in Mizoram.
- While inaugurating the Zoram Mega Food Park, the Minister said, it will benefit farmers, growers, processors, consumers and prove to be a big boost to the growth of the food processing sector in the North East Region.
- She said, the Mega Food Park will provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 people and benefit around 25,000 farmers
5)India Business Council to host 2020 India Ideas Summit on July 22
- India Business Council will host the 2020 India Ideas Summit on July 22nd. The Summit convenes business and government leaders for discussions on the future of the U.S.-India Partnership and the trends shaping globalization, trade and investment, and the future of work in the COVID-era and beyond.
- The Summit will feature a high-powered lineup of both public and private sector speakers. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will deliver the keynote addresses. Among others, External Affairs minister Dr. S. Jaishankar will address the summit.
6)India’s first public EV charging plaza inaugurated in New Delhi
- Union Power Minister R K Singh today inaugurated India’s first public EV (electric vehicle) charging plaza at Chelmsford Club in New Delhi. The plaza has been established by EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Ltd) in collaboration with NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council).
- Congratulating EESL and NDMC on the occasion, the Minister said, “The EV charging plaza is a new avenue for making e-mobility ubiquitous and convenient in India. Such innovative initiatives are imperative for the creation of a robust e-mobility ecosystem in the country.”
7)Veteran Odia actor Bijay Mohanty dies at 70
- Veteran Odia actor Bijay Mohanty passed away at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday.
- Mohanty was rushed to Care Hospital in Bhubaneswar after his condition deteriorated. Doctors declared him dead at the hospital.
8)Filmmaker Rajat Mukherjee passes away
- Rajat Mukherjee was suffering from an illness for a long time according to Manoj Bajpayee who announced the news on Twitter.Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon passes away;
9)Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon passes away;
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lal Ji Tandon, who was admitted to a hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Lucknow since last month, died this morning, his son Ashutosh Tandon said. Lal Ji Tandon, 85, was admitted to Medanta Hospital in Lucknow on June 11 due to breathing problems and other health issues.
- Lal Ji Tandon was the governor of Bihar between August 2018 and July 2019 when he took over as Madhya Pradesh’s Governor. In 2009, the senior BJP leader and a protege of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, succeeded him as the Lucknow MP.