Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 20 August 2020
Indore declared as the cleanest city in national Swachh Survekshan 2020 awards
- Madhya Pradesh’s Indore has been ranked one and awarded as the cleanest city in the country in the Swachh Survekshan 2020 awards. The city bagged the position for the fourth consecutive time. The awards were presented by Union Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri in a function.
India ranks No. 1 in the number of organic farmers
- India ranks first in number of organic farmers and ninth in terms of area under organic farming. Sikkim became the first state in the world to become fully organic and other states including Tripura and Uttarakhand have set similar targets.
Rajasthan Government launches ‘Indira Rasoi Yojana’
- CM Ashok Gehlot launched the ‘Indira Rasoi Yojana’ in order to provide quality nutritious food to poor people at just Rs. 8.
- The newly launched scheme will be rolled in 213 urban local bodies of the state which will include 10 locations each in the state capital’s c greater and heritage area
Om Birla attended the fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- the Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla attended the fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament. The conference was organized by Parliament of Austria and Inter-Parliamentary Union, Geneva with the support of UN
Uttar Pradesh launches Electronics Manufacturing Policy
- UP Government launched the Electronics Manufacturing Policy. It aims to bring in Rs 40,000 crores of investment in 5 years. The policy aims to develop Bundelkhand and Purvanchal regions.
- The policy aims to make Uttar Pradesh a global electronics hub. Also, it will attract international investors to shift their base to India after COVID-19 crisis.
Lakshmi Vilas Bank launches DigiGo instant savings account opening facility
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) has launched DigiGo, a digital initiative to enable the opening of savings account instantly. Lakshmi Vilas bank’s new initiative will help people to avail the most required banking services instantly through the website
Yes bank launches Digital Loan against Securities launched
- Loan against Securities’ is an unique digital solution launched by the YES Bank under its loan in seconds platform. “Loan against Securities” will enable customers to avail loan facility against the securities that they hold. The customers are required only to pledge the securities and not selling them.
Luis Rodolfo Abinader sworn in president of Dominican Republic
- Luis Rodolfo has been sworn in as the 54th President of Dominican Republic. He succeeds Danilo Medina of Liberation Party. Abinader’s Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) won the elections with 53% vote, while Gonzalo Castillo who was the candidate of the ruling PLD got 37.7%.