1)Ossouka Raponda appointed as 1st woman PM of Gabon
- Rose Christiane Ossouka Raponda has been appointed as the first woman prime minister of Gabon.
- She is the 12th PM of the country and succeeds Julien Nkoghe Bekale.
- Prior to holding this position, Ossouka Raponda served as Defence Minister since February 2019.
- Her appointment is the fourth cabinet reshuffle by the President of Gabon, Ali Bongo Ondimba since January 2019.
2)RBI Approves reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as MD & CEO of Federal Bank
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the reappointment of Shyam Srinivasan as the the managing director and chief executive officer (MD & CEO) of the Kerala-based private sector lender, Federal Bank, till September 22, 2021.
- Srinivasan’s term as MD & CEO of the bank was to end on September 23, 2020.
3)India’s richest woman, Roshni Nadar Malhotra, is now new chief of HCL Tech
- India’s wealthiest woman, Roshni Nadar Malhotra becomes the new chairman of Noida-based IT company, HCL Technologies.
4)India Ranks Third In Global Manufacturing Risk Index: Cushman & Wakefield Report
- India ranks third in the list of most-suitable locations for global manufacturing among 48 countries in terms of cost competitiveness and operating conditions, according to property consultant Cushman & Wakefield.
- China and the U.S. retain the top two positions, while India has moved one place higher to rank third, the consultant said in its Global Manufacturing Risk Index report
5)Real Madrid win record-extending 34th La Liga title after 2-1 win vs Villareal
- Spanish professional football club, Real Madrid has been crowned La Liga Champions for the 34th time after defeating Villarreal 2–1 at Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano in Madrid, with one match remaining.
- Karim Benzema was the leading scorer for a 2-1 victory against Villarreal.
6)Priyanka Chopra Jonas appointed as ambassador for TIFF 2020
- Bollywood actress, Priyanka Chopra has been chosen as the ambassador of the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2020. Priyanka has joined the list of 50 celebrated filmmakers and actors who are invited as the ambassadors of the TIFF.
7)All capitals cities of North-Eastern states to be connected with rail network by 2023
- The Railway Board Chairman VK Yadav has announced that Indian Railways has set the target to connect the capital cities of all the North-Eastern states of India to the rail network by 2023.
- In the present time, except Sikkim, all North-Eastern states have connectivity to the rail network.
- The capitals of Assam, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh are already connected to the railway network.
- The capital connectivity work is in progress in Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Meghalaya.
- Manipur will be connected in March 2022, Mizoram in March 2023, Nagaland in March 2023, Meghalaya in March 2022 and Sikkim in December 2022.
- These rail connectivity project has been railway’s top agenda during the last five years.
8)SBI Card gets new MD & CEO in Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Hardayal Prasad has tendered his resignation from directorship of the company
- Ashwini Kumar Tewari has been appointed as the new managing director and CEO of the company with effect from 1 August for a period of 2 years