Mexico becomes first country to issue $890m Sustainable Development Goals Bond
- Mexico has become the first country in the world to issue a Sovereign Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Bond, an important step forward in the country’s commitment to the achievement of the SDGs, and a major advance for development finance.
Maharashtra Govt launches road accident insurance scheme named after Balasaheb Thackeray
- The Maharashtra govt cleared the proposal to implement late Balasaheb Thackeray Road Accident Insurance scheme to provide medical and financial aid to victims during the golden hour. Initial expenditure of up to ₹30,000 will be borne by the State for 74 enlisted medical procedures, as per the scheme.
India ranks 116 in World Bank’s annual Human Capital Index
- In the latest edition of the World Bank’s annual Human Capital Index, India has been ranked at 116th position. The index benchmarks the key components of human capital across countries.However, as per the released Human Capital index Report, India’s score has increased to 0.49 from 0.44 in 2018. The 2020 Human Capital Index Update has included education and health data for 174 countries- up to March 2020.
PM Modi to dedicate Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the nation on September 18
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu on September 18, 2020, through video conference
9stacks signs cricketer Suresh Raina as a Brand Ambassador
- Online poker platform 9stacks has signed Suresh Raina as its brand ambassador. The partnership will see the cricketer in the brand’s upcoming campaigns and promote 9stacks through various engagement activities.
UBS Securities projects India’s GDP at -8.6% in FY21
- UBS Securities has projected India’s GDP for 2020-21 (FY21) to contact by 8.6%. (Earlier it was -5.8%). For FY22, UBS Securities projects India’s GDP to grow by 10%. UBS Securities is a Chinese investment bank and brokerage firm headquartered in Beijing, China
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) expects the Indian economy to contract by 10.2% in FY21
- The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) expects the Indian economy to contract by 10.2% in FY21 (2020-21) as compared to its previous estimate of 16.7% in June. For FY22 (2021-22), the Paris-based OECD projects India’s gross domestic product (GDP) to grow at 10.7%.
DBS Bank India unveils online loan platform for SMEs, offers credit up to ₹20 cr
- DBS Bank India on Wednesday launched an online platform for making loans available to small and mid size businesses in a hassle-free manner, with credit facility up to Rs 20 crore.customers can avail the loan through a simple online process by uploading bank statements, and I-T returns (for loans above Rs 5 crore). The platform is enabled to auto-generate an e-offer letter if the lending criteria is met.