Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 17 August 2020
TOP CURRENT AFFAIRS 17 AUGUST 2020
UK launched 3-million pound innovation challenge fund in India
- The UK GOVT launched a 3-million pound innovation challenge fund in India to support scientists in academia and industry to tackle the most acute global challenges like Covid-19 and the threat to the environment.
Union Minister Gadkari lays foundation stone of 13 National Highway Projects in Manipur
- Union Road and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for 13 highway projects in Manipur through video conferencing.
- He also inaugurated a Road Safety Project in the State during the event. Under the highways project, over 3 thousand crore rupees will be spent for development of 316 Kilometres roads in the State.
Karnataka to build industrial corridor between Mysuru and Bidar
- Karnataka’s Deputy CM Dr. C N Ashwathnarayan has said that the state will build an industrial corridor between Mysuru and Bidar to augment the development of industry and commerce. This would be in line with the modules of Bengaluru-Chennai and Bengaluru- Mumbai corridors.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate Atal Tunnel by September 2020
- Atal tunnel is being built under Rohtang Pass in the Pir Panjal range on the Leh-Manali highway. It is located at 3,100 metres above the sea level. The length of the tunnel is 8.8 km. The route is important as it feeds military supplied to the military sub sector that are located in Siachen Glacier and Aksai Chin.
Punjab National Bank launched campaign to promote digital banking:DIGITAL APNAYEN
- State-owned PNB has launched a campaign named ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’ to encourage customers to use digital banking channels. The campaign launched by the bank’s MD S S Mallikarjuna Rao on the occasion of Independence Day is till March 31, 2021. Punjab National Bank encourage customers to use digital channels and participate in the noble cause of donating to the PM CARES Fund for Coronavirus COVID-19.
HDFC Bank launched Shaurya KGC Card for armed forces
- Private sector lender HDFC Bank launched ‘Shaurya Kisan Gold Credit Card’, a loan product for the armed forces. A first-of-its-kind product for over 45 lakh Indian armed forces personnel, it is based on the Kisan Credit Card guidelines by the government.
- The credit card comes with some key benefits such as simple and easy documentation that doesn’t require physical presence
Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton wins F1 Spanish Grand Prix 2020
- Great Britain’s Lewis Hamilton has won the F1 Spanish Grand Prix 2020 held at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain. This was his forth win of the season and the 88th win of his career. Max Verstappen came second followed by Valtteri Bottas at third
GoAir appoints Kaushik Khona as new CEO
- Kaushik Khona has been appointed as the CEO of GoAir Airline. He will replace Vinay Dube. GoAir is an Indian low-cost airline based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is owned by the Indian business conglomerate Wadia Group.
Former cricketer and Uttar Pradesh minister Chetan Chauhan passed away
- Former cricketer and UP minister Chetan Chauhan passed away due to the complications brought on by COVID-19.
- Chetan Chauhan who was the minister of Sainik Welfare, home guards, PRD, and civil security, was the MLA (Minister of Legislative Assembly) from the Naugawan Sadat Constituency in Amroha. He also served as a Member of Parliament twice