Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches seven urban infrastructure projects in Bihar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for seven urban infrastructure projects in Bihar through video conferencing.The projects will be implemented at a total cost of Rs 541 crore.
Engineers’ Day being celebrated today
- The entire nation today celebrates Engineers’ Day to mark the Birth Anniversary of the renowned Indian engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Viseswaraya.
India beats China to become member of UN’s Commission on Status of Women
- India has been elected as the member of the Commission on Status of Women (CSW), a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India will be a member of the prestigious body for four years from 2021 to 2025.
ADB appoints Takeo Konishi as Country Director for India
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on September 14, 2020, announced that it has appointed Takeo Konishi as a Country Director of India. Takeo Konishi has succeeded Kenichi Yokoyama
Paytm First Games appoint Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
- Paytm’s gaming arm Paytm First Games has announced its brand ambassador – the ‘God of cricket’ Sachin Tendulkar. Paytm First Games is a fantasy gaming platform for sports like cricket, kabaddi, football, and basketball
IAS officer Rajesh Khullar appointed executive director of World Bank
- IAS officer and Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, Rajesh Khullar, has been appointed executive director of the World Bank in Washington DC for three years.
Sameer Kumar Khare appointed ED at ADB
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Sameer Kumar Khare as new Executive Director of Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila. Khare is a 1989-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Assam cadre.
Gauri Khan announces her debut book ‘My Life in Design
- Gauri Khan has authored her first book titled “My Life In Design”, which will be published by Penguin Random House India in 2021. It is a coffee-table book, in which Gauri has written about her journey as a designer.
Former Chhattisgarh Minister Chanesh Ram Rathiya passes away
- Veteran Congress leader and former Chhattisgarh minister, Chanesh Ram Rathiya passed away due to COVID-19. He was elected as an MLA for the first time in 1977 from Dharamjaigarh constituency in the then undivided Madhya Pradesh.