PM Narendra Modi launches three petroleum sector projects in Bihar through video conferencing
- Narendra Modi on September 13, 2020, dedicated three projects related to the petroleum sector in Bihar to the nation through video conferencing.
- The latest project includes two Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) Bottling Plants and the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project. These projects have been commissioned by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and Indian Oil.
MoS MEA Muraleedharan participates in 27th ASEAN regional forum
- Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan on Saturday participated in the 27th ASEAN regional forum where he shared India’s views on maritime security, counter terrorism and the COVID-19 pandemic
Hindi Diwas being observed across the country
- Hindi Diwas is being celebrated across the country today. It was on this day in 1949 that the constituent assembly adopted Hindi written in Devanagari as the official language of the country. Today, Hindi is one of the widely spoken languages in the world and the first language of more than 520 million people.
CARE ratings projects India’s GDP to contact between 8-8.2% in FY21
- The Indian rating agency, CARE Ratings has projected the GDP of India to contract in the range 8 to 8.2% for 2020-21 (FY21). This is more than its earlier projection of -6.4%. The decline in GDP growth by around 8 per cent would also be associated with a decline in the gross fixed capital formation.
Government to infuse Rs 20,000 crore in Public Sector Banks
- The Union Government on September 14, 2020 sought Parliament’s approval for infusing Rs 20,000 crore in public sector banks in the current financial year to meet regulatory requirements. The proposal is a part of the first batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants for 2020-21 moved by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Lok Sabha earlier today.
Subhash Kamath becomes new Chairman of ASCI
- Subhash Kamath has been elected as the chairman of the board of governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). Kamath, who was serving as ASCI vice-chairman, will replace Rohit Gupta, president, Sony Pictures Networks.
Harivansh Narayan Singh re-elected as Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman
- NDA candidate Harivansh has been again elected as the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha. The upper house cleared his name with a voice vote. BJP President JP Nadda had moved the proposal to elect Harivansh as the deputy chairman and his motion was adopted. Later, Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu announced his name.
Jane Fraser named the 1st female CEO of Citigroup
- Citigroup has named Jane Fraser as its next chief executive officer. She will be the first female CEO of this major global bank. She will succeed Michael Corbat, who is retiring in February 2021. Fraser has been a rising star in the financial industry, with a career that spans investment banking, wealth management, troubled mortgage workouts and strategy in Latin America.
US Open: Domnic Theim beats Alexander Zverev to win men’s singles title
- Dominic Thiem produced a historic comeback to beat Alexander Zverev in a nervy five-setter and win the US Open last night. The second seeded Austrian beat the fifth seed 2-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York. It marked the first time in the US Open’s Open era history that a player had recovered from losing the opening two sets to win the title. It was also the first time the final had been settled by a tie-break.
Lewis Hamilton wins Formula 1 Tuscan Grand Prix 2020
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the Formula One Tuscan Grand Prix 2020 held at Mugello Circuit, Italy. This was his 6th win of the season and 90th F1 win of his career
Former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passes away
- Former Union Minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away today. He was undergoing treatment at AIIMS,Delhi about a week ago after developing post-Covid complications. Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, recently resigned from RJD party.