S Jaishankar attends SCO Foreign Ministers’ meet in Moscow
- EAM S Jaishankar is attending the meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the eight-member Shanghai Cooperation Organisation in the Russian capital Moscow. Dr Jaishankar tweeted a group photo of the foreign ministers of the SCO member states including China and Pakistan.It is the third SCO foreign ministers meeting that India is attending as a full member of the eight-nation bloc.
Andhra Pradesh CM launches ‘YSR Sampoorna Poshana’ scheme
- CMof Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched two nutrition schemes ‘YSR Sampoorna Poshana’ and ‘YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus’ to provide nutritious food to pregnant women, lactating mothers and children in the state.
1st batch of five Rafale aircraft formally inducted into Indian Air Force
- The first batch of five Rafale aircraft was today formally inducted into Indian Air Force at a special function held at Air Force Station, Ambala.Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of the Armed Forces of France Florence Parly, witnessed the traditional Sarva Dharma Puja conducted at the Rafale induction ceremony.
Narendra Modi digitally launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana & e-Gopala App
- PM Narendra Modi today digitally launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).He also launched the e-Gopala App, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
(DRDO)Defence Research and Development Organization develops P-7 Heavy Drop System capable of para dropping military stores
- DRDO has developed P-7 Heavy Drop System which is capable of para dropping military stores up to seven-tonne weight class from IL- 76 aircraft.It consists of a platform and specialized parachute system. The parachute system is a multi-stage system comprises of five Main canopies, five Brake chutes, two Auxiliary chutes, one Extractor parachute and platform is a metallic structure made up of Aluminium or steel alloys.
Union Health Minister attends 73rd Session Of WHO South East Asia Region through video conferencing
- Union health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan attended the 73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region (SEARO) through video conference today. Representing India, Dr. Harsh Vardhan offered two interventions in the ministerial round table session on COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness. He first spoke on the important interventions that were applied to manage COVID – 19 and maintain essential non – COVID health services in India.
India, France, Australia hold trilateral dialogue to enhance cooperation in Indo-Pacific region
- The Foreign Secretaries of Australia, India, and France co-chaired a first trilateral dialogue on September 9, 2020. The dialogue was held with an aim to synergizing their respective strengths to ensure a secure, peaceful, prosperous, and rules-based Indo-Pacific region.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launches Doorstep Banking Services
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharam launched Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks (PSBs) on September 9, 2020. The services aim to provide customers with the convenience of banking services at their doorsteps.
BOB tops EASE 2.0 Index by IBA
- As per the EASE Banking Reforms Index 2.0, Bank of Baroda has been placed at the first spot. State Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) got the 2nd and 3rd place respectively. The Indian Banking Association (IBA) makes EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index. The aim of this index is to bring fruitful change in the PSBs by brining in healthy competition among these PSBs and by encouraging them to learn from each other.
Paresh Rawal becomes new chairman of National School of Drama
- Former Lok Sabha MP and Bollywood actor, Paresh Rawal have been appointed as the new chief of National School of Drama by President Ram Nath Kovind. In a career span of over three decades, Rawal has been acknowledged with numerous awards, including the prestigious National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1994. He was conferred with the Padma Shri in 2014 for his contribution to the entertainment industry.
ISA host World Solar Technology Summit
- World Solar Technology Summit was held virtually. The summit was inaugurated by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. The main objective of the summit is to pay attention to state-of-the-art technologies and next-generation technologies. Such technologies will play an important role in making solar energy more efficiently, more than 26,000 participants from 149 nations joined the summit virtually.