Current affairs is one of the most significant part of most of the competitive examinations like Banking ,ssc , Insurance ,Upsc . Current Affairs forms a part of General Awareness/ General Knowledge. Varieties of the question asked in general awareness are based on current affairs. Here we provide Daily Current Affairs of 1 September 2020
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launched two Citizen-Centric Mobile app – Ama Sahar And Swachha Sahar Odisha
- Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha, launched two citizen-centric mobile applications Ama Sahar and Swachha Sahar Odisha on the occasion of Local Self Government Day which was observed at the Lok Seva Bhawan over a virtual platform.
- These apps enable the Urban Local Bodies(ULBs) to submit the utilisation certificates over online for the betterment of fiscal management.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Launched “Chhavni COVID: Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana”
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched “Chhavni COVID: Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana” a group life insurance scheme through the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), for more than 10000 employees working in the military cantonment areas across India.
India’s GDP contracts 23.9% in Q1 of 2020-21
- India’s GDP collapsed by 23.9% in April-June Quarter of FY 2020-21, as per the data of the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. Indian economy posted its worst ever contraction in last four decades due to the COVID-induced slowdown that has hit majorly all the businesses and companies across the world.
India develops World’s Largest Solar Tree
- The CSIR-CMERI operating under the Ministry of Science and Technology has developed world largest solar tree. The tree has an annual capacity of generating 12,000 to 14,000 units of Clean and Green power.
S R Sarma assumes charge as Chief of Materiel of the Indian Navy
- Vice Admiral S R Sarma today assumed charge as the Chief of Materiel of the Indian Navy.
- Admiral Sarma during his illustrious career spanning over three and a half decades has served onboard Indian Naval ships Vindhyagiri, Rana, Krishna and Mysore in various capacities
Rajeev Kumar assumes charge as new Election Commissioner of India
- Rajeev Kumar today assumed charge as the new Election Commissioner of the country. A 1984 batch IAS officer, Mr Kumar retired as the Finance Secretary.
- Mr Kumar joins the Election Commission of India with Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra.
Mustapha Adib set to be become Lebanon’s new Prime Minister
- Mustapha Adib is set to become the country’s next Prime Minister. Adib was named by four former Lebanon Prime Ministers as their choice for the post.
- Former prime minister Najib Mikati was the first MP to formally nominate Adib during the consultations at the presidential palace. Adib also reportedly has the support of former Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri, who heads the biggest Sunni party, the Future Movement.
European Investment Bank(EIB) to Invest € 650 Million in Kanpur’s 1st City Metro Line
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) will invest 650 million euro(€) in the construction of Kanpur’s(Uttar Pradesh) 1st city metro line. The 32.4 km urban rail line, with 18 elevated and 12 underground stations is EIB’s 2nd biggest operation outside the European Union(EU) till date. It is the 2nd metro rail project supported by the EIB in Uttar Pradesh(UP), following the €450 million investment in Lucknow metro rail system. Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (UPMRC) is the promoter-Financial intermediary for this project.