August month current affairs quiz (INTERNATIONAL)
Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe resigns
- Shinzo Abe is the longest serving Prime Minister in the history of Japan. He served from 2006-07 and also from 2012-20. It was Abe who introduced the concept of Abenomics. He was the first Japanese Prime Minister to attend India’s Republic day parade in Delhi as chief guest
17th meeting of India-Vietnam Joint Commission held virtually
- The 17th meeting of the India-Vietnam Joint Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation was held virtually. The virtual meeting was co-chaired by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and his Vietnamese counterpart Pham Binh Minh.
August month current affairs quiz (NATIONAL)
Assam to set up Skill University at Mangaldoi
- The Assam Cabinet passed a resolution today on 28 August to set up a Skill University at MAngaldoi in Assam with an investment of Rs 900 crores. The other decisions taken at the cabinet are as follows
Kerala to set up India’s first International Women’s Trade Centre
- Kerala will set up India’s first international women’s trade centre (IWTC), in consonance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at Angamaly
Arunachal Pradesh passes resolution to bring the state under 6th schedule
- The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly has passed a resolution to bring the state under the ambit of Sixth Schedule of the Constitution besides amending Article 371(H) by ing provisions to safeguard tribes of the state. The resolution which was moved by Legislative Affairs Minister Bamang Felix on behalf of the State Government was passed by voice vote following a marathon discussion in the house.
Piyush Goyal launches GIS-enabled national land bank portal
- The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry launched National GIS enabled Land Bank System. GIS is Geographic Information System
Uttar Pradesh government has launched the NRI unified portal
- Uttar Pradesh government has launched the NRI unified portal. Overseas Indians and NRIs will be able to get their issues resolved with the help of this portal in cooperation with local administration or the State Government, as there are many instances when they could not find a platform to help their families resolve the problems related to their house as well as issues with local administration.
National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language “World Urdu Conference” in New Delhi
- NCPUL has organised the “World Urdu Conference” in New Delhi. The inaugural session of the two days long conference was virtually addressed by Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’. During the conference, the minister added that Government of India will honor Urdu writers and literators with awards and honours in the name of important personalities of Urdu in order to encourage Urdu writers for literary and creative services.
August month current affairs quiz (AWARD)
Marieke Lucas Rijneveld wins International Booker prize
- The 29-year-old Dutch author Marieke Lucas Rijneveld has become the youngest author ever to win the International Booker prize, taking the award for their “visceral and virtuosic” debut novel, The Discomfort of Evening.
August month current affairs quiz (BOOK AND AUTHOR)
Army Chief releases a book National Security Challenges: Young Scholars’ Perspective”
- Indian Army Chief, General Manoj Mukund Naravane has released a book titled “National Security Challenges: Young Scholars’ Perspective” penned by university students, ranging from the undergraduate level to doctoral candidates. The book published by the Army think-tank Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS).